View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
You might be right about Laughton vs. Couturier defensively. Size can definitely be a big advantage for a guy. That's why I'd hope the Flyers "try out" Laughton next year in that defensive shutdown role. Give him a chance to prove whether he can handle it or not. And then after a sufficient sample of Laughton in that role, you make a decision.

I also wasn't trying to trash Couturier's offensive ability; I think he's got fantastic offensive ability, I really like him a lot and it would take a ton for me to be willing to trade him; I was just saying that I don't think he has the skating or the world-class shot to really take over a game all by himself. He needs a little bit of help from his linemates; that's generally the case for a guy whose best offensive attribute is his vision.

And I agree 100% with what you said about Yandle. If the price for a legit #1D is Couturier + Schenn ++, then that's a no go. I'm not that desperate. However, I could see some potential #1s being made available. Perhaps one of the Florida defensemen, perhaps one of the PHX defensemen, perhaps one of the Washington defensemen, or perhaps you could deal a hefty package for Seth Jones, provided that the team in position to select him already has a #1 defenseman on their roster.

Obviously these suggestions are all long shots, but if an opportunity comes knocking, I'd be willing to consider trader Couturier.
This is the part in which I trust in our GM. The guy has ballz made out of stone and feels no hesitation to pull the trigger.

He'll try hard, as always.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote