View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
I would have liked to have seen at least one other canadian team in there, but w/e, we've got Minny and that's good enough for me. I just want the opportunity to go on a road trip and get some cheap tickets, an minni's the closest team in the league.

I'm also not heavily entrenched in the past. I could see arguments for both sides.

things i like.

Minnesota -> i feel this will become our biggest rivalry going forward. Closest teams, similar budgets, both have strength on the blueline. Really feel we'll grow to hate each other.

Chicago -> an original six franchise with the hometown boy as captain. I can see a good rivalry here as even historically Winnipeg's competed against chicago (economics/etc) and there's alot of parallels between the two city's.

Colorado -> A young team with a lot of talent. They're in a similar stage as us and i can see both of our teams peaking at the same time resulting in some hotly contested series.

ThIngs i would have liked

Ottawa ->Definitly an underappreciated Canadian team, so i would have loved to have them in our division.

Edmonton -> a young highly skilled/small team. With bogo and trouba on our dline for the future, i relish the fantasy of them continuously blowing up there speedy skilled forwards. Would have been great games.

Vancouver -> I just don't like vancouver. When we had the moose and i got back into NHL hockey, i spent a season trying to be a vancouver fan. I just couldn't do it. The only player on their team i like is Luongo. I hate the way they play hockey, i hate the way their teams built, i hate how their players interview, i just don't like that team.

One last benefit with having Winnipeg not in a division of primarily canadian teams: statistaclly better chances that any canadian team makes the playoffs/gets home ice advantage. And that's something we can all get behind!

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote