View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:27 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
No way they would change it because they want us to believe that suspensions aren't tied to injuries althoguh his stupid videos have said:

"play results in an injury"

You're right it really is a silly process and he should come out and make a decision quicker than he does.

What's the status on Clutter, is he playing?

As for Hall's suspension I don't mind it I think 2 games was a bit much but should have a got one as a first time offender for at least being wreckless. But what really gets me is the non-call bs. Like going back last year when Hartnell was all hot and bothered after Potter rocked him and he was running around like an idiot and took a run at MPS with a knee.

His play was 10 times more wreckless and far more easy to call out as you know and could see in his play that he was pissed off that he was run by Potter, hell his post-game comments even confirmed that. Hall you have to assume is pissed off because his team is losing which is a bit of a stretch but possibly true. Either way I have no idea why one play is suspendable and the other isn't.

I assume there's a lot of I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine kind of deals between the league and certain GMs/Owners. Or hell it could just all be league devised as well, they don't care if they piss off the Canadian fans because they know they will keep watching all the time.
I really have no issue with Hall's suspension. I said I could understand 2 games. I just don't like how Shanny is a puppet of the NHL and the consistency is all over. Wasn't Doan on Horcoff a wreckless play? Why not have that a fine/suspension?

It's really no different than before. I know it's a tough job and you'll never please everyone, but the consistency just isn't there.

I do like how they were fining guys before for head shots. Behind closed doors, but at least if it was missed in a game regardless of how bad it was they'd fine you. Now I know 2500 is peanuts, but you start at 2500k and end up at 100k and ultimately a suspension for repeat offenders maybe you could start hurting these players that are wreckless.