View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I wonder if Doug Armstrong wanted a look at Wellwood? St. Louis signed him out of the KHL 2 seasons ago (January of 2011) but since he had to clear waivers, SJ claimed him. With that being said, I have no clue if Wellwood would be of any fit for St. Louis.

I could perhaps see a swap of Wellwood for RW Matt D'Agostini, who has fallen out of favor in St. Louis. D'Agostini can play RW, and scored 21 goals for St. Louis two seasons ago. He sustained a concussion last season causing him to miss 26 games. This season from what I can gather he just hasn't been able to get it going or fit in, and I don't think he had a good training camp. A change of scenery is likely in order.

D'Agostini is a RFA at seasons end, and only has a cap hit this season of 1.65 million (1.8 million in actual dollers). So, contract wise he would be ideal to acquire if we were interested.

Honestly, I think Wellwood's days are numbered here. He just hasn't got it going and truthfully, I do not see him anywhere near a fit this season. Last season, ya, this season... nope.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff