View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
We played 3 game in 4 days, had two nights off, and then 3 game in 4 days. We were definitely tiring as the game went on.

And now we have 3 nights off to rest.

Problem is after this game in Winnipeg, we have three straight stints of 3 games in 4 days to start the month. First half of March is brutal scheduling. The bright side of that, I guess, is 5 of those 9 games are home and 1 is in Philly, so there's not a ton of travel. I just hope we have a new body in the lineup, and with this being our longest time of not playing for the next month, it's an ideal time to do it.
I thought we were going to have a pretty solid blueline this year, especially considering we have 8 NHL caliber d-men on the roster but that's not the case atm. We have 3 d-men that should be playing on a every day basis and 5 who are showing some pretty evident weaknesses.

I know we work as a commity but I think we need to add a top #6 forward and a reliable d-men. I know there's a massive logjam at the blueline but our overall defensive play has regressed drasticaly since last year. Salvador's magical cup run has thrown a monkey wrench in our depth chart so far cause I think everyone kind of expected that #7 and Anton were going to give us meh minutes anyways.