View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Dennis Beyak, the Jets play-by-play guy for TSNJets was on radio this morning and mentioned Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been on the entire Winnipeg road trip thus far (4 games) scouting.

Any idea what he may be looking for?

I mentioned a possible swap of Wellwood for D'Agostini on the Jets board. Armstrong signed Wellwood out of the KHL 2 seasons ago only for SJ to grab him as he was passing through waivers. I understand the Blues needed bodies at that time, so I am not sure you would have any need for Wellwood today. He can play center and wing.

Wellwood hasn't had a good year for the Jets thus far. Last season he was great, we could put him on any of the top 3 lines and he would fit in and "get them going". Not this year however, he's been a healthy scratch a couple times so far this season.

Anyhow, wanted to pass this along and get some thoughts.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-25-2013 at 11:46 AM.