View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
You must value the unkwon vs a guy 3rd in the NHL in points.

Koivu- Parise- Vanek for the next 4 years. Yeah not what we need at all.

Look at all the prospects that had bright futures and how many turned out. I am fine with Coyle leaving. Kid has not dominated against older talent. Mustered 10 career NCAA goals in 53 games. Beats up on younger Q players and is crowned great. One NHL goal.
I'm not saying Coyle is untouchable. He has a decent trade value for me, and he wouldn't be my first choice to move, at all, but for special players it could be considered.

What I was mainly saying is that, first off, is Heatley has almost negative trade value. No way in hell is Heatley in the same conversation as Vanek.

Secondly, to get a player of Vanek's caliber, you're looking at something like Coyle+++, which would be probably another good prospect, probably our first round draft pick, and probably a decent roster player somewhere around Seto's caliber.

It just would not be worth it. We're not in a win now and he would be the final piece, and trading for him would set us back a lot in our team development.

I would rather us buy out Heatley this summer and target a high end UFA like Perry.