View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:47 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Living out east, I don't think you guys get a fair shake in the media coverage out here as it is. Pull the Red Wings into the east and it will just further reinforce the notion in the big eastern media markets that the NHL is an eastern league first & foremost with a western appendix stuck onto it. The Canadian teams will be fine, and the Blackhawks will be fine, but I think the rest of the western teams will tend to get overlooked, especially if the schedule reverts to a division-heavy one.
I totally agree and I sincerely appreciate your acknowledgement of this and concern. But it really doesn''t get much worse with realignment. Many of us fans of west teams are tired of only getting exposure when our teams play the Red Wings anyways. (i.e., we only get on NHL on NBC game of the week if they are playing Red Wings).

I'd go into this realignment and hope that the entire hockey media world puts pressure on the NHL into giving the West more exposure. Just having the Red Wings in the West hasn't done much for us.