View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
C'mon guys. Watch the games. Robidas would probably be the best Habs d-man right now. I love Markov better but he has slowed down -- only the PP and hockey sense makes him slightly better than Robidas. Subban will be better but isn't as polished as Robidas is right now. Diaz plays great, but we still don't know if he will sustain that caliber of hockey for the whole season. Then Robidas is clearly head and shoulders better than Emelin, Bouillon and Gorges. Dammit, he was an all star last year while Habs didn't get any player! He's Dallas #1 d-man for the last 3-4 years, playing 25-30 minutes a game!
Just to let you know, it's now 2013; not 2009. Also, Goligoski is their #1, and has been since they traded Neal and Niskanen for him in '11. Furthermore, Robidas only saw himself start to get those minutes with the loss of Zubov (and time missed by Goligoski), and the result has been a team that has allowed above league average in goals against each year since, with 4th/5th place division finishes, and no trips to the post season.

Robidas might deserve to be considered a short term improvement on one or two players (he is a good player - better than we thought during his time in Montreal), but he's overrated (imo) and at the end of his days, so I'd be careful with who (and how much) I sent the other way to acquire him.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote