Old
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Passes that are 15-20 feet away from me. Had about half a dozen of them last night. I call for a pass and am on the left side of the ice cutting to the middle. Lock eyes with the defenseman. A few seconds later he fires the pass to the left boards and at this point I'm now on the right side. Dude: head up, look where the guy is going, and lead the friggin pass. Comes to the bench "I saw you on the left side..." Yeah, earlier in the shift. I'm not standing still the whole game.

Another one, on the rush up the ice, I'm skating into the center ice faceoff dot, pass goes to the left boards. To whom? I see it and LUNGE and stretch for it and it's still two feet past my stick.

That said, I did launch a pass into my teammates shins and also slid it behind him on the 2-on-1. So I'm terrible too...but at least I'm within a couple feet of the guy...
I always tell my teammates to relax, take your time, it's a non check league so it's not like you have to panic and move the puck before somebody flattens you. I'd rather have somebody lose the puck along the boards in a battle than a horrendous pass up the middle of the ice. And know where your teammates are BEFORE you get the puck.