View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 01:29 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Just to let you know, it's now 2013; not 2009. Also, Goligoski is their #1, and has been since they traded Neal and Niskanen for him in '11. Furthermore, Robidas only saw himself start to get those minutes with the loss of Zubov (and time missed by Goligoski), and the result has been a team that has allowed above league average in goals against each year since, with 4th/5th place division finishes, and no trips to the post season.

Robidas might deserve to be considered a short term improvement on one or two players (he is a good player - better than we thought during his time in Montreal), but he's overrated (imo) and at the end of his days, so I'd be careful with who (and how much) I sent the other way to acquire him.
Goligoski, the guy who was a healthy scratch earlier this year? C'mon! Goligoski is a deception.

I agree with you tho that Robidas isn't as good as he was 1-2 years ago and his acquisition would be "short term" improvement, but he would still be in Habs' top 3. We shouldn't be fooled by Habs' early success. Their defense is suspect.

That said, I wrote good things about Robidas, but honnestly, I wouldn't want Bergevin to give youngsters or draft pick for him.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote