View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Why would you break up the Hejda - Barrie pairing? Both players have looked better than they have in very long time since being put together.

If it ain't broke...

Find other ways to fix the other two pairs instead.
the only reason i would is so that it can take pressure off EJ on the top pairing. you give him a solid defender who can take over the offensive duties and allow EJ to be strictly a defender and chip in here and there on offense and it makes him so much more of a lethal Dman.

Elliot on offense can have a similar impact to that Barrie's for Hejda. this then shuffles the lines to the players proper roles. Hunwick,O'Brien,O'Byrne & etc get to play as 3rd pairing or lower. as it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Sacco never puts a RH defenceman on the left side...unless absolutely necessary due to a shortness of bodies. I don't see it happening.
Sacco doesn't do a lot of stuff, he rarely gives rookie D man run but the injury to EJ forced him to change that philosophy so hopefully he will come out of his normal way of thinking and expand to trying different things(yes i know this isn't going to happen, but still, it'd be nice to see)

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote