Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I agree with you Holden, we're still on the same page with this stuff in regards to our teams window, etc, I believe.

Only thing i'd say is with those Stanley Cup winning teams and their new coaches, is those teams were known contenders, no? or at least had a much better, quality roster than us, I would guess. This team has been a build, add and patch team over those years. But, with that being said, I still believe this team this year should show something, and seriously contend for a playoff spot.

But I gotta say, if you're on your 5th coach and 3rd GM in a 4 year span (beginning of the 2007-2008 season to 2011 when we got the team)... that's just not normal. At all. Now, not all of these players were here for all of that turnover, and I still agree with you that teams, players, and even a group like ours should be easily picking up on whatever the coaches want them to do by this point (since coming to Winnipeg), no excuses there.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-25-2013 at 02:22 PM.