View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
devilsblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
About Josefson,

I don't care about positioning in the draft. The draft is done and top picks always go down and later picks occasionally make an impact. That is a moot point and irrelevant at this stage.

The issue is that you needed him to be healthy, which he has, and start making improvements from what we've seen in the prior years: good D, speedy forechecking, and some playmaking. Instead we have a Jo who was on the ice for every goal against. There isn't any excuses any more considering Lokti jumped into his spot and started to produce his way into the top 6.
Sure draft is a crap shoot, but just the same, it's not absurd to expect good play from a 1st rnd pick.

But whatever the reasoning we expected the guy to play much better then he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Josefson played his heart out yesterday, but when you play the game like you have a gun strapped to the side of your head, you're bound to make mistakes. I'm not trying to defend him but that's just reality.

I'm really liking what I see out of Lokti and if he can make Josefson expendable, then so be it.
No don't see a lack of effort, but he is certainly out of sync, and confidence seems to be a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Starting to look like some poor drafting, especially at the forward position is finally comeback to hurt this team. Now that Clarkson and Andy Greene have come back to earth where seeing the team that many experts predicted. It's not just giving up so many goals on the pk, we're really not scoring much. 1 or 2 goals is not going to cut it in todays NHL. And moose looks like he finally hit a cold streak, he wasn't good.
Game yesterday, and Ottawa a couple days ago, is more then just lack of goal scoring. Again, out of sync, and lack of energy.