View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
That's all well and good guerzy but the fact remains that teams that spend this many years in the drafting 7-12 range just quite frankly almost never become real teams. Once my comp is fixed I can some data for that. The whole point is this thing was completely screwed up by many of the factors you listed, and quite frankly might be impossible to fix at this point of the rebuild.

One thing I disagree with is the coaching thing. Obviously the jets/thrashers have been through too many, but not nearly so many more than expected. As I've shown in the past all sc winning teams since 07 had made coaching changes in the previous 3 seasons before cup win. Again I need to wait for comp but I'd bet most have gone through 3 coaches at least in their respective 5-7 year rebuilds. All players know all systems at nhl level and changes to coaching habits can often be beneficial. Sure some coaches preach more on different aspects, but often having a variety of coaches then helps to develop all skills, it does not take so much time to adjust as some suggest.
interesting the two comps I would like to see is Boston and LA. Seems like neither one of these teams built their foundation with early draft picks although getting a franchise defenseman like Chara in free agency is almost like getting a 1st overall draft choice.

Chicago and Pittsburgh both had elite young talent driven by high draft choices over a few seasons. Detroit was just really good for a long time based on a very talented core.

I am not doubting you Holden but did LA actually bottom out at any point (not a rhetorical question I didn't watch hockey for a few years) because other than Doughty they seemed to build a nice base with “no man’s land” picks no