View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
O absolutely agree. (agree with the rest of your post too).

I took heat for griping about MM being allowed to walk. Moulson had it and I still don't understand why he was held back and then allowed to walk but that stuff happens. I hated the Purcell deal and still do but again, they happen. Boyle was a perfect value deal but I would have liked to have held on to him, debatable. I remember being one of few on these guys.
I didn't really have a say on either Moulson or Purcell. In fact, I had stepped away from the game for a few years around teh Moulson time and only started getting involved again (above the level of a casual fan) just a bit before Purcell was dealt, so I didn't have much to say on either.

For Boyle though, I know I was very much in favor of that trade, and still am. Granted, he's done better than I thought he would since going to NYR, but he's nothing special. David Steckel with a bit more offense really. Both players are nice to have on the 3rd/4th line, but nothing to cry over and he wasn't going to fit in under TM.

At this point I'd actually take back Steckel over Boyle, just because Steckel's above average in the faceoff circle.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote