View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
yeah "Here Detroit, you get to play in the East for one year, but then you're going back West, so ya know, don't get too comfortable."
Anyone else "uncertain" why they would publically float the realignment before the PHO ownership issue is settled? Because if there is a relocation (I hope not), wouldn't that just cause the issue to resurface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I think Detroit would prefer to be in Conference III. I think they are being a good soldier for the NHL playing in Conference II to placate the NHLPA's concern about the East having the small conferences. Detroit's issue with the West aren't the CTZ teams, it's all the games on the Pacific coast.
Agree with this, except I'd bet that DET would rather be in II. They would be less travel, and they'd get more games with the Original 6 rather than the midwestern teams. They key point though is that in either Division II or Division III, I think that DET would only have 5 games in the PTZ.

Has there been any sort of "announcement" on the play-off format? Would it be all "inter-conference" until you've got 4 teams left, and then they'd "reseed" based on the number of points? Could it be of re-seeding after the first round? Would Conference I & II play in the "Eastern Final" and Conferences III & IV play in the "Western Final"? Didn't see any sort of official announcement.