View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 01:17 PM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I think Eller is a poor man's Jordan Staal.
He doesn't have enough offense to be a top line center but 2-3rd line center might fit his style. He's a very good two way center.

I'm kind wondering if Eller is that big #2 center we've been dreaming of?
Galchenyuk is our future big #1 center but who to play after Galchenyuk?
Personally I think Plekanec is that "special" 3rd line center, he's smart and play a two way game.
I don't think Desharnais fits the team, maybe put him on the wing.

Our future:
Center
#1-Galchenyuk
#2-Eller
#3-Plekanec
I am expecting Eller to develop into a good 2nd line centre. So certainly it wouldn't be be criminal for him to become a second line centre behind A.Gally. However, to say that Plekanec is the "special" third line centre behind Eller is utterly ridiculous.

Eller could very well become just as good as Plekanec, but why can't Eller become(if he isn't so already, I think he is) that "special" third-line centre behind Plekanec/Gally? Isn't he also a smart two-way player?

I don't think people recognize how good Plekanec is, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Plekanec had legit first-line wingers next to him, he would be a ppg player almost easily.

Plekanec is usually a 70 points player with 2line wingers at best on top of the fact that he is the number 1 defensive forward on the team. That's remarkable if you ask me.

I'd be more than happy with Gally-Plex-Eller(with him getting pp time) as our top 3 centres for many years.