02-25-2013, 01:45 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
I always pictured Clowe as a guy on roids that had a brain the size of a mustard seed. I don't think he's ever going to pot 20 again. what I mean is, I wouldn't ''go after'' him ... id get him if I'd have lose change in my pocket and he would really want to come here (doubt its the case) for a 3rd line role but he wouldn't be a target. exactly the type of player ppl will overpay for. he's close to be overpaid as it stands now, not sure he deserves a raise.

Someone mentionned Clarkson ... that's the kind of smart bum I enjoy watching play. makes way more sense to me. But I really doubt lou will let him walk out.
I'm not sure why you say that as if he fluked into a 20 goal season once, he's been at or around 20 goals/year for the last 4 years. Granted he seems to have worn out his welcome in San Jose this year, but it could just be time for a change of scenery. Guys who can average 20 goals/100 PIMs are a rare breed and he would be a huge upgrade on both our goalscoring from the wing and our team toughness. Very good playoff stats, wears a letter, drops the gloves with anyone...I have a hard time seeing what the downside is, depending on his asking price. He's exactly the kind of player a team like the Habs should target.

Clarkson is a nice fantasy but he constantly gushes about how much he owes to Lamiorello for giving him a shot - he's not going anywhere. And if he did, I guarantee he'd cost more than Clowe.