Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)
View Single Post
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
No Name Poster
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Peg
Originally Posted by
If I'm Chevy, my thought is to rid the cupboard of the nasty problems that plague this team (our D, G, PK). We need to continue to draft and develop. That means no young talented RFA leave - this includes Wheeler, Little, Burmi, Tangradi, Peluso, Postma and Redmond. They shouldn't be touched.
Those who I'd send packing:
Jokinen - didn't work out, we have Scheifele next year
- trade to Chicago for maybe a 2/3 rounder
Antropov - waiver wire
Wellwood - not getting enough ice time
- trade to Vancouver for 4-5th rounder; they need a centre with FO skills
Miettinen - injured only 99% of the time, waiver wire
Wright - has shown nothing, send him to the waiver wire
Byfuglien - offensive potential but no defensive skills at all
- at high end, could likely get a late 1st rounder and maybe another 3rd for him
and Columbus has a large number of picks to play with
Hainsey - put on waiver wire and send down to AHL when not picked up; he may eat
minutes but his giveaways are a significant factor
Enstrom - injured two years in a row, he's 28 and will get more injury prone but he has
significant offensive upside and defensive skills
- could be marketable to a playoff team that need scoring from the D (the Devils/
Ducks are a perfect fit and we land a 1st and a 3rd for him)
Clitsome - to the waiver wire we go but he's not absolutely horrific on D
Pavelec - we have 2 buyouts, use one and get rid of his terrible contract and let's move
This opens up the door to adding some salary at FA again with Corey Perry and many others available when other teams will be cap stressed. We can also pay Bogo what he's worth on say a 6-7 year deal. Burmi, Wheeler, Little can all get locked up for 2/3 year deals. And we have several more draft picks to add to this team in year or two. We get instantly better on D and look for SCORING HELP in FA and the draft. That's draft and develop.
Is this a real post or are you trying to get a rise out of everyone?
- You're saying we go into next season with Montoya and Pasquale in net.
- You're saying Hainsey wouldn't get picked up on waivers.
- you'd trade a player (Jokinen) to a team that doesn't need him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick? You think big, two way centers grow on trees?
- Mittens is injured 99% of the time, so send him to waivers.... Good rationale. I guess the Pens shouldn't have been so patient with Sidney last year. He was injured a lot too.
- Wright has shown nothing, yet I thought last game he was the hardest working Jet. He's been a big factor in the rejuvenated pk and he's TWENTY TWO years old.
I can't keep refuting these points. It's exhausting.
No Name Poster
View Public Profile
No Name Poster's albums
Find More Posts by No Name Poster