View Single Post
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I'm not saying Coyle is untouchable. He has a decent trade value for me, and he wouldn't be my first choice to move, at all, but for special players it could be considered.

What I was mainly saying is that, first off, is Heatley has almost negative trade value. No way in hell is Heatley in the same conversation as Vanek.

Secondly, to get a player of Vanek's caliber, you're looking at something like Coyle+++, which would be probably another good prospect, probably our first round draft pick, and probably a decent roster player somewhere around Seto's caliber.

It just would not be worth it. We're not in a win now and he would be the final piece, and trading for him would set us back a lot in our team development.

I would rather us buy out Heatley this summer and target a high end UFA like Perry.
That is simular to the reasoning of why we did not trade Sheppard, Gillies, Thelen, Fiala, Voloshenko, O'Sullivan, Cuma, or the corresponding pick. We were set for the future. Instead they did not turn out, Gabby unhappy left and we re-roll.

Proven players IMO have more value than what ifs.

Vanek just came to me,
Moulson in NYI is cheap, solid and is old enough were a Zucker or Coyle would be a simular player if they turn out. Youth to turn out with Tavares.