Thread: Speculation: Goodbye Weiss
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
I think part of Soupy's struggles have to do with Garrison leaving. I, along with others, said last year that they just complimented each other really well. Campbell got a lot of assists from Garrison's blasts and, of course, Garrison scored a lot of goals thanks to Campbell's passes. Defensively, Garrison covered up a lot for Campbell when Campbell had to jump up in the play as a PMD. We did not replace Garrison. There were many things he brought to the game that helped us last year, aside from scoring goals. Kuba was supposed to, at least, replace him some, but he hasn't.

Weiss, if not injured, is just playing like crap. No excuses. It's pathetic. 4 points aside, he's not even trying. Playing 19 minutes per night and he has 19 shots in 14 games? Really? Not to mention the -11. +/- can be a deceiving stat, but we all watch the games, and it's clear that Weiss has been the reason for many goals against this year, too. He's just not playing like he cares and it's frustrating.

Have you watched a game this year and said: "wow, Weiss really created that scoring chance for us?!" The guy has just been a non-factor. I don't even remember the goal he scored.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote