View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
teucer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
If I'm Chevy, my thought is to rid the cupboard of the nasty problems that plague this team (our D, G, PK). We need to continue to draft and develop. That means no young talented RFA leave - this includes Wheeler, Little, Burmi, Tangradi, Peluso, Postma and Redmond. They shouldn't be touched.

Those who I'd send packing:

Jokinen - didn't work out, we have Scheifele next year
- trade to Chicago for maybe a 2/3 rounder

Antropov - waiver wire

Wellwood - not getting enough ice time
- trade to Vancouver for 4-5th rounder; they need a centre with FO skills

Miettinen - injured only 99% of the time, waiver wire

Wright - has shown nothing, send him to the waiver wire

Byfuglien - offensive potential but no defensive skills at all
- at high end, could likely get a late 1st rounder and maybe another 3rd for him
and Columbus has a large number of picks to play with

Hainsey - put on waiver wire and send down to AHL when not picked up; he may eat
minutes but his giveaways are a significant factor

Enstrom - injured two years in a row, he's 28 and will get more injury prone but he has
significant offensive upside and defensive skills
- could be marketable to a playoff team that need scoring from the D (the Devils/
Ducks are a perfect fit and we land a 1st and a 3rd for him)

Clitsome - to the waiver wire we go but he's not absolutely horrific on D

Pavelec - we have 2 buyouts, use one and get rid of his terrible contract and let's move
on

This opens up the door to adding some salary at FA again with Corey Perry and many others available when other teams will be cap stressed. We can also pay Bogo what he's worth on say a 6-7 year deal. Burmi, Wheeler, Little can all get locked up for 2/3 year deals. And we have several more draft picks to add to this team in year or two. We get instantly better on D and look for SCORING HELP in FA and the draft. That's draft and develop.
I stopped reading after that. James Wright has been a beast since we acquired him and he keeps getting better. Plus he is young and has some upside. I don't know what you expected him to be.