View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'll explain why this kind of critique is emotionally reactionary. This team is in a rebuilding phase, and is planning for the future. They clearly didn't bring in a PMD in the offseason, and also clearly they realize how bad they need on now. If for example Sherman trades for one with O'Reilly, and/or signs one in the summer. Then it was an issue for one season of the rebuild. What they shouldn't be doing is making moves that could be risky in the future, to serve the needs of the team in 2012-13.
Your explanation as to why my critique is emotionally-based makes no sense whatsoever. You're just rehashing the same "Sherman needs time" argument again. I've taken the time to explain why I think Sherman is failing. That's not emotion, that's logic.

You say the team is planning for the future, and yet didn't realize until just now how badly they needed a PMD!? If that's planning, it's piss-poor planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
He needs time. You can't ask him to both make smart moves, and expect them all to be done quickly.

Visnovski is not the answer for this team. Giving up a 2nd for a 36 year old that fought his trade tooth and nail is not something to put forward as a missed opportunity for Sherman. This does not uphold the assertions of Sherman being a bad GM.
I've been patient up until now. You're right, he needs time. Thing is, he's gotten that time and this team looks worse than ever.

Visnovsky is but one option, and tooth and nail or not, he showed up. And I've already mentioned that even Lacroix knew how important a PMD is to a successful team. THAT helps uphold the assertions that Sherman is a bad GM.

You say this team needs time, then they should've gotten a puckmoving defender so they didn't have to rush Barrie and Elliott in major roles. The fact that they have been rushed just proves that they screwed up this offseason and didn't realize it until a couple weeks ago. If you're gonna tell me that this was the "plan" to rush two 21-year-olds into service I'm going to call that a bunk argument.

And I'm not buying the "suppose they trade O'Reilly for a PMD" argument. Suppose they trade Duchene for one? I can't evaluate a GM on moves he may or may not make in the future, and neither can you. I can only evaluate his track record so far, and while there have been some inarguably good moves, I don't like what I see.