View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
What im arguing is that by having a great goalie like luongo or markstrom is that it creates an environment for the team playing in front of him to be lazy. I'm concerned that Markstrom doing well in front of a bad team masks the fact that this team is not good and does not create any accountability for the other players on the team. This scenario doomed us to mediocrity during the luongo era and I dont want that to happen again.
It seems like you're implying we should trade Markstrom.

Teams don't play worse because the goalie is better. That environment is not created because the goalie is great/has great potential. Teams play bad because they're bad. We've played the same way in front of Theodore and Clemmensen this year, as well.

I guess you're saying you don't want Markstrom stealing points since it would prevent the team from tanking? That would make more sense, maybe. But, I'll point to the past two games in which he played pretty well, and we got 0 points.

Regardless of who's in net right now, it seems like the team's results are going to be pretty similar. I hope Theo is traded soon, and Markstrom gets the experience this year. That way when we start up again next year, Markstrom will be familiar with hockey at the NHL level. Marky should be starting at some point this year (I'm guessing it'll happen later on). Nothing to lose.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote