View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

vCash: 500
My Scouting Reports Thread

Hey guys, I felt like since I've been going to as many WHL games as possible. I feel like I could help some of the fellow draft fanatics in some scouting reports I've tried to put together.

Any requests on certain players I will try and do, but only if I have seen them live.

Quote:
Madison Bowey - RD - Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
April 22, 1995 - 6'01" - 194 lbs - Right Shot - Eligible for 2013

A reliable two-way defenseman that has the ability to create offense almost every shift. Quick edges with a strong shot from the blueline, has the ability to make a strong first pass out of the zone and is always willing to join the rush, a speedy defenseman who's balance and edgework needs to improve. His defensive game is sub-par, needs to use his frame and be more physical in front of the net and along the boards, great stickwork to get rid of any scoring opportunities, plays the game at a quick pace which can lead to turnovers, tends to chase the puck a little to often which can lead him to become out of position. His work ethic is there and he will compete every shift. Comparable to a Drew Doughty in terms of his playing style.
Quote:
Myles Bell - LW/D - Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
August 19, 1993 - 6'00" - 210 lbs - Right Shot - Eligible for 2013/Last Eligible Year

Shifting into forward this year, a tenacious player, Bell plays the game hard and phsyical, a player with quick feet, good on the forcheck and a hard hitter when given the opportunity along the boards. Versatile has he is very aware of the defensive side of the game, played defense in previous years and plays the point on the powerplay, an extremely hard and quick released shot hitting at least 95 mph. A powerplay quaterback who can make a good first pass out of the zone. Character issues off the ice and issues with the law scares off teams, but his skill level is not something scouts would pass up. He could work on his conditioning and work ethic, as he tends to take quicker shifts then his linemates.
Quote:
Jesse Lees - RD - Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
September 14, 1995 - 6'00" - 180 lbs - Right Shot - Eligible for 2013

Jesse Lees gets put under the radar by many of his other defensive partners including Madison Bowey and Mitch Wheaton, but Jesse Lees is pure smooth-skating offensive defenseman, quick feet and hands to boot. His quick hockey IQ helps him make smart decisions in the offensive end, his all-around play could improve, very average at best in the defensive end. But that's not his game, his passes are crisp and tape to tape. Used primarily on the powerplay to try and create offense, head up and making the smart and safe play to his linemates. A bit of a project, but could have an extreme upside if he pans out well.
Quote:
Rourke Chartier - LC - Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
April 3, 1996 - 5'10" - 165 lbs - Left Shot - Eligible for 2014

For someone the size of Chartier, his compete level and tenacity is there for him to be considered a top talent. A excellent skater with quick feet and great edgework, he is willing to go on the forecheck and can throw the body around and get the better of his opponents. Not to mention his awareness in all areas of the size, very versatile in where he can be played on any role on the team and still manage to provide. On a deep Rockets team, Rourke plays third line minutes and is one of the Rockets primary PKers. A great player to get the attention from scouts for next years draft as his role will increase on the Rockets.
I have a somewhat limited viewing of both Baillie and Stadel for 2014, but I can still provide little details out there respective games.

Prospects To Do:
- Shea Theodore (2013 - Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Jared Hauf (2013 - Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Jerrett Smith (2013 - Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Roberts Lipsbergs (2013 - Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Connor Honey (2013 - Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Riley Sheen (2013 - Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Keegan Kanzig (2013 - Victoria Royals)
- Brandon Magee (2013 - Victoria Royals)
- Joe Hicketts (2014 - Victoria Royals)
- Eric Comrie (2013 - Tri-City Americans)
- Connor Rankin (2013 - Tri-City Americans)

Last edited by Jamie Benn: 02-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote