View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I don't ever see a rivalry with the Jets, and outside of Suter there isn't much interest in Minnesota.

But I do believe that Dallas (moreso) and Colorado (a bit less) would be a good draw and could build some sort of rival interest. Keeping the Chicago and St. Louis matchups is good too.

Would be nice if Quebec was a certainty and it forced us to keep Detroit instead of Winnipeg, but I think they would replace Colorado instead and we would still get the Jets.

For the Jets sake I think they would be better off with VAN, EDM, CGY. Not as many ideal start times for them, but way more fan and media interest.
Just browsing future divisional rivals boards' for their opinions on realignment. In regards to your bolded point, I think that here in Winnipeg, the rivalry with those teams is pretty much non-existent at this point. The Oilers came here last season, and there wasn't as much hype about it as you would've thought. I think we're more interested in a competitive division with less travel and better start times. "Fan interest" can wane quite a bit when most of your games start at 8:30 or later.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote