Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
This is from a few pages back ... quote blanked out some of the info so I just had to re-post:

I still think though that Dallas is more likely to be picking from 11-20 on McKenzie's list and probably Top 15. Frederik Gauthier stuck out to me even though Dallas hasn't taken many Q players, and I can't even think of the last Q forward they drafted.

Quote:
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman

So toolsy for a big man. Speed, hands, and two-way sense. RT @DiehardOil: @coreypronman Looking for your take on Frederik Gauthier?
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/ars...ts-on-round-1/
Quote:
He may look small next to Morin, but Frederik Gauthier is no slouch. Playing in his first QMJHL season, Gauthier not only leads QMJHL rookies in scoring, but also sits atop his team scoring race. After strongly considering the NCAA route, Gauthier stayed home to play Midget AAA last year before eventually electing to pursue a career through the QMJHL. It appears that the extra year of Midget has had some positive effects as Gauthier carried his team to a berth in the Telus Cup last year while developing into a polished two-way center.

To sound cliche, the sky may be the limit for Gauthier. While there’s still a lot of room for growth and development, Gauthier skates very well and obviously has the type of size that NHL teams will salivate over. The left-shot center plays well with linemates and has quickly developed natural chemistry with Peter Trainor and Scott Oke this season. There’s still a lot of hockey left to be played this year, but it’s become quite clear that Gauthier is a player who is flying under the radar. At this point, the 1st round certainly wouldn’t be out of the question if he can continue to produce at his current clip while showing all-around improvement.
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...-qmjhl-report/
Quote:
4 – Frederik Gauthier, Rimouski Oceanic – C
Mid-Way through his rookie QMJHL season, Gauthier’s decision to stay in Canada over the NCAA route seems like a good one. He’s the type of player every coach dreams about. He’s got size, skill and smarts and he knows how to use all his tools. The towering center is capable of being a good shutdown center while also scoring goals. Gauthier has earned key minutes and the trust of coach Serge Beausoleil which is important for his development moving forward.