View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
  #717
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,406
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Your explanation as to why my critique is emotionally-based makes no sense whatsoever. You're just rehashing the same "Sherman needs time" argument again. I've taken the time to explain why I think Sherman is failing. That's not emotion, that's logic.

You say the team is planning for the future, and yet didn't realize until just now how badly they needed a PMD!? If that's planning, it's piss-poor planning.
It makes perfect sense, it just contradicts what you're asserting so you write it off. They have a crap coach, and a bunch of injuries and holdouts this year, so they suck. You want to blame that on Sherman as if bringing in Visnovski in the offseason would be the answer for this team sucking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I've been patient up until now. You're right, he needs time. Thing is, he's gotten that time and this team looks worse than ever.
They are not worse then ever. They have a lot of good young pieces. Duchene, Landy, McGinn, Downie, PAP, EJ, Varly, and young prospects like Barrie, Elliott, Sgarbossa, and Hish. They'll either be able to add O'Reilly to that list, or whatever he brings in. They are a couple big pieces, a good coach, and some health away from being very competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Visnovsky is but one option, and tooth and nail or not, he showed up. And I've already mentioned that even Lacroix knew how important a PMD is to a successful team. THAT helps uphold the assertions that Sherman is a bad GM.
This again kind of proves how you're not looking at this clearly. The only missed opportunity you provided was trading a 2nd for a 36 year old, and cited PL's willingness to bring in Brisebois. Brisebois? Really?

Neither of those players serve any purpose in building this team into a winner. That is Sherman's objective, not placing a priority on the shortened 2012-13 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
You say this team needs time, then they should've gotten a puckmoving defender so they didn't have to rush Barrie and Elliott in major roles. The fact that they have been rushed just proves that they screwed up this offseason and didn't realize it until a couple weeks ago. If you're gonna tell me that this was the "plan" to rush two 21-year-olds into service I'm going to call that a bunk argument.
Again, minor issues. Why is this something to get up in arms about? Everyone seems happy with Barrie, and Elliott has improved as well. These aren't major causes for concern. They were a year off in their expectations, big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
And I'm not buying the "suppose they trade O'Reilly for a PMD" argument. Suppose they trade Duchene for one? I can't evaluate a GM on moves he may or may not make in the future, and neither can you. I can only evaluate his track record so far, and while there have been some inarguably good moves, I don't like what I see.
You're basic assertion is that because they don't have a PMD in 2012-13, that means Sherman is a bad GM. I'm saying 2012-13 doesn't matter in the grand sceme of things, if he can address the needs of the team in a smart way like he has been. You're upset because they're not playing well, and they need to be good right now.

Foppa2118 is offline