View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
In part I do. I sincerely believe that the western teams want more Seasonal interaction with the east. It may not be great for TV ratings, but it isn't bad for them because there is still interest in the West for those eastern teams. And as Beukeboom Fan just pointed out, it's also big at the gate to have those eastern teams to town. However, it seems clearly every day that the east would prefer to have nothing to do with the west. A lot of ETZ teams would be just as happy to never have to play teams out of there Time Zone at all.
It's nothing inherent with the East...it's more about the players that happen to play on teams that in the East (Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, et al). If Crosby and Malkin played for the Avs, no one would care about the Penguins. If Ovechkin played for the Kings, no one would care about the Caps.

This is all cyclical...back in the 80's the Oilers were the toast of the League.

Speaking as a Wild fan, I don't care about the East...what I care about is getting in with the Central (Chicago, St Louis, Winnipeg and Dallas)...I could give a rip if the Devils, or Hurricanes, or Sabres come to Minnesota.

I'm old enough to remember how little draw the Red Wings had in the 70's and 80's when they were bad...you couldn't GIVE away a ticket when they rolled into town.

Last edited by MuckOG: 02-25-2013 at 03:05 PM.