View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 03:29 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
The toughness thing didn't go far? You don't measure that on the scoreboard. Sure, Hope and Gabriel are good, but they won't be able to go the big boys if and when the time comes. When we won our titles, we had guys like Greenop, Young, and Wallace, all of whom would take on the nastiest the league offered and do well on any given night. Unless you're like London and can score every other minute, you need that element on your team. Guys like Bilcke bring that.

The infatuation with having a bunch of fighters has to stop but I know it won't with you. I wonder if Greenop and Wallace were luxuries to have because they could roll 3terrific lines with the likes of Hall, Henrique, Nemisz, Wellwood, Mitchell, Timmins, Shugg, Loktionov(1 cup), Watson (1 cup), Kassian (1 cup), MacDermid (1 cup) which is what you really want a guy who can play the game both ways and provide toughness Ryan (1 cup). 7 of those guys I mentioned were there for both cups and the others were split up among those 2 cups.

I apologized measuring up was meant in the standings, they lead the league in fighting but will be sitting home watching the playoffs. Windsor has almost twice as many fights as London, Barrie, Plymouth, Soo. Ironically 3 of those teams are in Windsor's conference, 2 of them in the division. Do you really believe those 4 teams are intimidated by Windsor? Seven teams in the west are in the bottom 10 of fighting majors, the blueprint is changing.

Even with just 20 games under their belt the Spits will be missing 2 of their top 6 forwards next year in Khokhlachev and Aleardi. How about you concentrate on finding how to replace those top forwards and filling out the 2nd and 3rd line instead of penciling in guys like Bilcke and Bowen? If you can fill out your lineup with 3 great lines which will be tough to do just based off the makeup of the current rosterv then you can probably have Bilcke around. Clark did nothing for this team this year just a horrible OA on this team that tried to make the playoffs. You need 4 lines that have a mix of scoring, playmaking, tight checking and grit. Bilcke can't play on the PP or PK he has shown that through his 2 years, they need more players that are multi dimensional. Kyle Hope has shown he can provide grit and play forward and defense in his OHL career. Gabriel has shown he can provide grit and kill penalties. Cody Payne provides grit and goal scoring ability.

Over the past 3 years the Spits have had guys on the roster like
Clouthier
Tarini
Brown
Carrick
Clark
Bilcke

Clouthier and Tarini were awful. Brown and Carrick brought value. Clark and Bilcke are closer to Clouthier and Tarini than they are to Brown and Carrick.