View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
playasRus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
dont need. just wondering what it would take
Well, considering we traded Kelly for a 2nd round pick while we were having a firesale, I'd assume Neil would be worth more than that so that's where we start so let's say 2nd round pick + B level prospect (like you offered). But considering we are not looking to move bodies for our rebuild anymore and we're still trying to get into the playoffs that ups his value about a 1st rounder + B level prospect.

Now since you're within the division, you'd have to go beyond that for us to consider trading a player that may bite us in the ass 8 games/year, so it'd prob take 1st round + A level prospect.

That's my analysis on what Montreal would have to give to trade away basically one of our last 4 veteran players and tank the season.

But really, even if Montreal offered their 1st round pick + Collberg/Beaulieu/Hudon, I'd still be wary of trading such an effective player who's also a leader and great team guy for a pick that's going to likely be in the bottom 3rd of the first round + a prospect that's going to take 2-3 years and may not even pan out.