Old
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Brouwer slamming Semin:

"“It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play. But all in all, I think we’ve been doing well without him.”

“Some nights you didn’t even know if he was gonna come to the rink. It’s tough to play alongside guys like those because you don’t know what you’re gonna get out of ‘em.”

I have no doubt Semin has a spotty work ethic. Too many people have said it as this stage, so you have to assume there is some truth to it, but when the guy is gone and your team sucks, just shut up. Carolina seems to be doing just fine with Semin on the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I would've taken Semin on this team in a heartbeat (there's just no way to make that sound right). Shame on GMGM for not at least trying to parlay the guy into something worthwhile via trade when he could.
I think it's well known arround the NHL that Semin is taking some nights off . He never had a skill problem ,the problem is his work ethic . That said , i'm sure that if you put him in a room full of leaders and character guys he would probably think twice before taking a night off .. or they will remind him if he does take a "break".

Semin with the Avs , or someone like him ? Well the FO told us for many years that they want character guys with great work ethic . Personnaly i wouldnt say no to pure Skills once in a while , even if that means that this player will take a few nights off .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote