View Single Post
Old
07-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshld View Post
Higgins is a scorer, so i dont think he would play very well With samsonov and kovalev.
Quite the contrary IMO, as both wingers are better playmakers than they are scorers, especially Samsonov. I think Higgins might complement Kovalev and Samsonov much better than Ribeiro could ever dream of, because of Chris' speed, high pressure forecheck and net driving.

That being said, while this remains an interesting solution down the road if everything else fails, I think we have a group of relatively conservative managing people so I see them giving every opportunity to Ribeiro to shine first, then maybe try Plekanec or an other experienced center like Bonk, and then and only then if it doesn't work either give it a shot with Higgins or a younger center in Hamilton. And after all this fails (if it does), then you trade.

BTW a bit off topic, but I'll reiterate what I said last year at training camp, that based on what I saw of Latendresse during camp and in juniors, I think he'd make a wonderful center. His vision and playmaking abilities are his best strengths along with his size. Maybe not now, but down the road, I could really see him being moved to center.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote