View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Otters Fan, you make a good point. I started to follow that Murphy Kid when someone on here said they sent him back to Junior in Port some where or whatever. But looked up the kids stats, 42 games played 36 points as a D, 12 goals and 24 assists and you guys are not using him with a team that has guys who are Minus 57 on D. If I were that kid, or his agent, I would demand a trade or release and I am telling you, either the Spits, that have real D issues as well, or the Khnights would grab the kid in a second. I hope it would be London.

Think you guys also should not have let Olden go, regardless of age, he is the type of player that McDavid, good feed the puck to. Still think you guys have a great fan base. If you had the team the Knight had in Erie, man your city would go nuts and you know what your city deserves a team like London, cause your support is unbelievable. I guess you guys will still have the same coach next year. Also, still think that Harper kid is a top 3.
Good luck next year and hope McDavaid is able to play some Spring Hockey and here's hoping if you live in Erie you can provide good training camp coverage and updates. cause I think all OHL teams would like to see McDavid suceed as it is good for the leauge as a whole. Before I go, Knight will win the OHL title and will also bring home a Memorial Cup.
Patrick Murphy was brought up for a handful of games but in all honesty he looked shaky defensively, he may have great offensive upside and I to think that maybe he should have been given more of a chance but he was no better than the 6th d-man in Erie when he was here.
Olden was certainly a mistake, Kuleshov has got maybe one shift in the last five games and he will not be on the team come next season. I honestly feel bad for the kid, moves across the world at 17 and sits the bench all game. I agree that I think Olden and McDavid would have been a great pairing together because Olden had a lot of speed just like McDavid.
Harper has potential but has played lazy and it shows. 24 goals last season and he will be lucky to get more than 21 this year. He has dropped significantly in the Central Scouting, at one point he was in the first round but I think he will be lucky to go in the 3rd at this point. The kid has potential but needs some conditioning and training in the off season. (As does the entire team).
Lastly, while London is obviously a great team and has a good chance to win it all, I think Plymouth, Owen Sound, and Kitchener will be a tough to beat come playoff time.