View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Auger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
With twice as many goals as Semin.

Brouwer didnt say anything that everyone in the league already knows. As a matter of fact, I'd bet every person in here bashing him had been saying the same thing about Semin for the last several years.

As a Caps fan Semin was the most frustrating player on the planet. He'd dazzle with you on one night and show that he probably has the most raw talent of any player in the league, then on another night he was gliding and moving around like he didnt care.

Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.

Brouwer should probably keep his mouth shut, I dont think those comments ever help anyone and I think if I had been Hammer or Neuvy I'd of kicked his butt for his comments about them. If he can have an opinion, so can they.

But that said, what he did say was not wrong and widely recognized, so calling him an untalented idiot is a bit of a stretch.
I think you misunderstand. It's just considered pretty low to trash talk an ex-teamate like that. Brouwer should just enjoy his success quietly without calling anyone out, it's not like Semin has been talking smack about him.