View Single Post
02-25-2013, 05:58 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
No way to the bolded. Not a chance. A second round pick has a 20% chance of even making the NHL and Yogan and St. Croix likely have a lower chance than that. A major part of a top pairing defender?
This is why, with an open mind, I said it would depend upon the +, which I gather you unintentionally overlooked. Never said I'd move MS strictly for those components alone.

You keep talking about unleashing the Kreider as if he was some dragon. He was unleashed in the playoffs with no responsibility and rode 5 goals in 18 games. He's not the next Keon. Right now, it looks like we might get a Stalberg. Which, while valuable, isn't exactly that great a player. He's been given plenty of opportunities to succeed and I know he'll get better as he's still adjusting. But Tortorella is teaching him to be a two-way player, which even if it decreases his point totals, makes him more valuable as a player.
He will be more Keon than Stalberg IF he does not get injured and is not handcuffed, which is what's happening now. As I have said, we need to be open minded about going 2 steps back to get 5 ahead. CK's tutelage at this age, given his experience emphasizing college and a minimum of pro hockey, is acceptable. He's learning on the job.

However, this entire system smothers creativity. Not just Kreider. I stand by my comments, but they are made with expectation at some point the Torts EPIC FAIL is discontinued, and we get a real balanced system that presses the offense, acknowledges and submits to the dirty work of D, including shot blocking WHEN NECESSARY. No more 6 G on ice, etc.