View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Quote:
No way to the bolded. Not a chance. A second round pick has a 20% chance of even making the NHL and Yogan and St. Croix likely have a lower chance than that. A major part of a top pairing defender?
This is why, with an open mind, I said it would depend upon the +, which I gather you unintentionally overlooked. Never said I'd move MS strictly for those components alone.

Quote:
You keep talking about unleashing the Kreider as if he was some dragon. He was unleashed in the playoffs with no responsibility and rode 5 goals in 18 games. He's not the next Keon. Right now, it looks like we might get a Stalberg. Which, while valuable, isn't exactly that great a player. He's been given plenty of opportunities to succeed and I know he'll get better as he's still adjusting. But Tortorella is teaching him to be a two-way player, which even if it decreases his point totals, makes him more valuable as a player.
He will be more Keon than Stalberg IF he does not get injured and is not handcuffed, which is what's happening now. As I have said, we need to be open minded about going 2 steps back to get 5 ahead. CK's tutelage at this age, given his experience emphasizing college and a minimum of pro hockey, is acceptable. He's learning on the job.

However, this entire system smothers creativity. Not just Kreider. I stand by my comments, but they are made with expectation at some point the Torts EPIC FAIL is discontinued, and we get a real balanced system that presses the offense, acknowledges and submits to the dirty work of D, including shot blocking WHEN NECESSARY. No more 6 G on ice, etc.