View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I agree that without a coaching change, our zone entries, transition game, and PP will probably remain subpar even with personnel improvements. I think its time to give up on the idea of EJ as a big PP threat though - he doesn't have the creativity as a playmaker to QB the PP and he seems to be unable to get his shot through as well. If he could learn to improve that he could potentially become a good trigger man but I have my doubts.

I think it's important that Sherman keeps calm with this failure of a season and doesn't overcompensate the way he did after 2010-11 and totally change the identity of the team. We went from a dcorps that for some games (with injuries) was literally entirely under 6'0" to one that was huge, slow, with horrible puck skills. He needs to not be so reactionary this time around. Assess how Elliott and Barrie perform with the team this year, possibly send Elliott down if he needs more time, and try to acquire a quality guy in the ROR trade. But hopefully this time he remembers to strike a balance.