View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
melinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Team's don't give our forwards much respect though. And why should they, Fletcher didn't build this team on speed or skill. Teams force us to dump it and we can't come back out with the puck. Try to drive the puck into the zone, there's only a couple guys capable of doing that on a consistent basis.

Its Fletcher's job to surround Mike Yeo with players capable of playing his system. We're almost 20 games into this year and I can't say we've had one game that Mike Yeo should be happy with how the Wild played for 60 minutes schematically. Effort has been there plenty nights, but when you don't know what you're supposed to be doing, then your linemates don't know what to do either and effort only goes so far.

If the players are refusing to buy in, Mike Yeo should be fired, because if he can't communicate with the players he has no business coaching them. But when Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signed with the Wild they signed to play for Mike Yeo, so its would surprise me if a mutiny happened already. But if its not a mutiny, then what is the excuse? Are players still not mentally prepared to play the game? That's inexcusable on the players' part.

Zach Parise and Ryan Suter reached out to Dany Heatley prior to signing with the Wild. He has the respect of our top players. We have moved him off that top line multiple times, much to my surprise and he's impressed me with how he's responded at times, which along with the lack of success of his replacement is why Yeo constantly moves him back up. Charlie Coyle had his stretch, and missed 5+ goals easily. He's going to have to do alot to earn that opportunity again, though his goal last game was a solid start. I'm not 100% sold that taking Dany Heatley off the top line makes us a better team. I wouldn't mind giving Granlund/Bouchard/Setoguchi an opportunity on that line, but we've got to make the other lines work too.
Ofcourse Yeo has the respect of the top players, he sticks with them no matter what. Koivu could go pointless the whole year and he wouldn't split him up with Parise.

People talk about how Yeo is juggling the lines and its ruining everything but he isn't changing the lines anywhere close to as much as JL.

Changing the lines for Yeo means move 1 player.