View Single Post
Old
07-17-2006, 11:10 AM
fredez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broccoli View Post
ryder is one dimensional, defensive liability
hartnell's stats are improving with each season, is strong defensively and is considered a power forward. legwand has underachieved so far still young at 25
also 6'2" and plays center. everybody nocks ribeiro's skating and lack of toughness
and here you have the chance to unload him for a player that will cost you less and
probably produce as much.
This is a misconception about Ryder because Michael had an ordinary season last year. When Ryder was brought in by Julien he was playing on the 3rd or 4th line and the general concensus was that he was good defensively. I remember in 2003-2004 that he was a really hard working type of player, during the playoffs him and Ribeiro were not producing but Ryder was working his butt off. Last year is a different story, he didn't work as hard as in 2003-2004 which was uncharacteristic...but he later confirmed he played injured.

I really don't think Ryder is a one dimensonal player and I'm 100% certain he will rebound from his semi-off year. If he can pull 30 goals through his sophomore slump... watch out this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he surprises everyone this year and notches 35-40 goals and is one of our best forward.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote