View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I think we could get a 3rd or 4th for Theodore. Some teams right now could use a vet goalie. Markstrom doesn't need a stopgap anymore, he's capable of being this team's starter or at the very least a 1B. We can buy out Clemmer or figure out how to move him in the summer, and sign a better goalie to play with Markstrom next season.
Or we could just keep him and live with it for another year. It's not as if we're going to find a backup who's a whole lot better.

Backups are backups for a reason. Not a lot separates them. The quality of their play is usually dependent on the system/how the team in front of them performs.

Clemmer has some weaknesses, but he's an NHL backup. He gets more undeserved criticism than any player on this team.

Weak 5-hole and all, I think if you ask any NHL fan if they would take a guy who's gone 15-7-9 with a ~91save%/2.6 GAA on mediocre teams the past two years, just about everyone would say "sure, why not?"

I'm starting to think there's a reason he was signed for two years. Tallon probably knows Theodore is likely retiring after the year. Not a bad idea to have a goalie on the team backing up Markstrom who knows the team's system.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote