View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not sure why you say that as if he fluked into a 20 goal season once, he's been at or around 20 goals/year for the last 4 years. Granted he seems to have worn out his welcome in San Jose this year, but it could just be time for a change of scenery. Guys who can average 20 goals/100 PIMs are a rare breed and he would be a huge upgrade on both our goalscoring from the wing and our team toughness. Very good playoff stats, wears a letter, drops the gloves with anyone...I have a hard time seeing what the downside is, depending on his asking price. He's exactly the kind of player a team like the Habs should target.

Clarkson is a nice fantasy but he constantly gushes about how much he owes to Lamiorello for giving him a shot - he's not going anywhere. And if he did, I guarantee he'd cost more than Clowe.
I wouldn't mind paying 5m per for clarkson, but not for Clowe I guess this is what it comes down to. clowe is making 3.6 and clarkson is making 2.6 ... not saying he's a bad player, just a guy I feel we will overpay for what he gives. I wouldn't pay more than what he earns already (talking bout clowe)