View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Liles struggling since his concussion has nothing to do with the fact that getting a 2nd back was bad value at the time. His limited NTC was probably a factor, but to be honest, if he never played another game from today onward I'd still think that was bad value at the time.
No other team on his list of 12-14 or whatever would give us more than a 2nd, so he was sent to the Leafs. What do you want to do, FORCE teams to give us more?? You can say it was bad value all you want, even after the leafs re-signed him to a pretty nice deal, it might actually start to look like another albatross in the not too distant future. (Komisarek and Finger before)

While it's still hindsight, getting a 2nd round pick PLUS dodging that bullet looks pretty good to me. Normally, I wouldn't give a crap and wouldn't be posting messages like this but when the trade occurred and when he started with the Leafs, their fans were all too thrilled to stick it to us, weren't they.

Now, if Nonis somehow turns around and gets a 2nd and something else for him, then it will certainly be bad value but I don't think he'll get that.