View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
I'm with you on the rebuild. In hindsight it is easy to find where Sherman went wrong but a rebuild never, and I mean never, go in a straight upward line. There are always some bumps along the way. Mueller's and Fleisch's health were 2 of those bumps. Really nothing he could have done about those. He had to cut his losses and move on.

He also overrated Barrie and Elliott by about one year like you said. Looks like Barrie is finally making that much needed step.

It is unfortunate but RoR's trade might help a long way in moving this team along.

The way I see it we are one top-pairing dman, one top-9 forward and a very good coach away from having a pretty good team. The coach alone could probably move us into the playoffs.
The one positive is it could bring in a much needed offensive D, that we would have been very hard pressed to find without moving a guy like O'Reilly.

Then again, we haven't seen what he decides to bring in yet, and we don't know how he plans to deal with the loss of O'Reilly and potentially Staz as a compounded problem.

This will be his defining move no doubt in my mind, and how he addresses those things will either make or completely derail this rebuild.