View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
But people use Dic* and Pus*** as actual insults, as well as gay. Like most of us have said we know gay more often than not isn't being used as an actual insult. My point is simple you want to use gay with your friends, siblings, people close you sure go ahead no problem a lot of people do. However using it to someone you don't know can and is deemed offensive you don't know them. What if they are gay? That is being insulting. People need to take a second and use their brains, if I call someone with a handicapped sibling a ****** you think they won't take offense because I simply didn't mean it in a negative way? Just be conscious and aware not everyone you don't know is going to know you're joking.
I used to use the terms "gay" and "****" a lot with my buddies but then I started saying them around others when I was feeling loose (drinking especially)

I am now making a concerted effort to stop using the words completely but not because I find them offensive but because I don't want to get in trouble for using them in the wrong crowd (although I believe that anyone who is truly offended by such words is stuck up)