View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 06:56 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
We just traded you guys Mike Testwuide for Mitch Wahl. Anyone here see him or know anything they want to share? His ECHL numbers look good, but he hasn't played many AHL games. How did he end up in Hamilton last year?
He ended up in Hamilton because he wanted a shot in the AHL. The Flames felt he was not ready to contribute to the Heat full time since he was coming off a concussion that had kept him off the ice for over a year. Unfortunately after he returned from Hamilton he was not eligible to play for Abbotsford (due to the loan) and has since stayed in Utah for the most part.

He actually challenged for a spot on our NHL team prior to his injury, and had a very good start to his AHL career but the concussion seemingly changed him as a player. Maybe a change of scenery is just what he needs, but at this point I think the best you could hope for would be a productive AHL player.

If I were to speculate, I am sure he requested a trade at some point due to his circumstances within our organization.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote