View Single Post
02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
LadyStanley's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 67,546
vCash: 500
All (legal) merchandise with player image on them requires either an individual agreement with said player, or a licensing agreement through the union.

(If there's a usage of the team logo/nickname, the league/team also has their side of the licensing arrangement.)

Direct agreement with player goes directly, like endorsing deals, into the player's account.

Union licensing agreement is divided as specified by NHLPA. (In the past, those monies have helped fund the expenses of running the union and in some cases put in the "war chest" for lockout/strikes.)

This includes photographs, t-shirts, jerseys, hats, keychains, bumper stickers, etc.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote