View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
I think you just proved my point....Crap lines and young not ready players can win for while but when you play over your head your gonna come back to the pack,
Can't find the original post, but the only reason we won 5 in a row is because we were playing a really structured defensive game and the PK was playing extremely well.

As the PK has faltered (and our team defense) so has the team.

I don't buy the Zajac/Kovy not putting up points excuse. They aren't going to score every night, however, the defense and penalty kill can't be as atrocious as it has been recently and expect to win games. We started off last night strong but then we just fell apart in the D zone, way too many chances for the Jets on defensive breakdowns.

The defensive breakdowns were because there seemed to be no chemistry between the defense and the forwards and similarly between the forwards. Last year, if a D was overaggressive, a forward would be right there to back him up, but this year that forward is nowhere to be found. Similarly, if a forward is overaggressive, there would be a forward to back him up in the slot. Now it seems like the defenseman are attacking and the forwards aren't covering their man. The Devils like to outnumber people in the defensive zone, but you can't do that if the wingers and forwards don't cover for you.