View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
I watch all the games. He's taken a lot of really stupid penalties, he's...OK defensively, and adds very little offense. He's a good guy to have in the 12th/13th forward role, but him being in or out of the lineup is largely irrelevant. He does the rah rah stuff the fans love but we're not 1st in the East this year because of Ryan White. I know I'll get called soft here but guys like White are a dime a dozen and he's not an important piece.

Seriously.

Everyone wants a heavyweight enforcer, and then people get apprehensive about trading Ryan White for Parros. Come on. I just absolutely do not understand the Ryan White hard on. He's fine to have on your 4th line but he's a spare part and nothing more, he adds very little value and he really isn't even that great of a fighter.

Eller's really not above reproach but you can't deny that White's taken some absolutely bone headed penalties this year. He seems to have got the message since his 2nd press box stint, but he had a pretty bad record for reckless penalties. The difference is also that Eller is pretty significantly better at both ends of the ice than White. For White who already provides pretty low value in goal scoring terms to be taking reckless and careless penalties, he's negatively impacting the team with dumb penalties.
I guess you liked last year's 4th line better, right?