View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Drouin is killing Mackinnon, he has to be number 1 now.

Is there any examples of 2 teammates where the one that got outscored badly in junior turned out to be the better NHL player?
not sure about that, but i do remember this exact same situation playing out in 1991 with pat falloon and ray whitney. two sub 6 foot players putting up huge points in the whl. everyone and their mother, though, swore that falloon was the better pro prospect despite the fact that whitney posted 67 g, 118 a, 185 pts. falloon ended up being the consolation prize for the sj sharks after lindros went number 1 to the nordiques. falloon's junior season was nothing to sneeze at as he posted a 64 g, 74 a, 138 pt season so he had earned his fair share of respect. now, this is not to say that falloon's career was completely useless, that would be a little harsh. however, i think we all know who ended up being the more productive nhl player (sj selected whitney as well with the 23rd pick).

the current situation with drouin and mackinnon seems eerily similar. nhl scouts are suggesting that the less productive offensive player will be the better nhler...just like in 1991. i guess we'll see in 10 years or so...